Introduction to FinTech2.5 CPD
inTech essentially encapsulates the intersection between the financial industry and technology. The importance of FinTech is evidenced in the manner in which it is currently disrupting traditional financial models and structures. The disruption caused by FinTech offers both opportunities and challenges. This course offers an introductory look at the importance of FinTech in South Africa, as well as an introduction to the different FinTech domains. This course aims to introduce the learner to the different fields of FinTech and the tools and skills needed to adjust to FinTech developments.
Technical knowledge areas: technology, financial services, payments industry, AI, robo-advice, data protection and consumer protection.
This course is primarily tailored to individuals working in the financial services industry.
There is nothing prescriptive in this material. This course aims to simplify FinTech developments taking place in South Africa. This has the potential to facilitate a better understanding of the importance of FinTech and less resistance to adapting to changes. This is necessary as research has indicated that FinTech is set to significantly expand in South Africa over the next few years.
Once you have completed this course you will be able to:
- understand the importance of fintech in South Africa.
- recognise, understand and explain the different fintech domains.
- understand the developments occurring in the payment industry sphere.
- understand the compliance issues relating to robo-advice.
- understand the primary compliance issues (and the skills needed) for FinTech start-ups.
Who Should Register