- Demonstrate an understanding of the aims and principles underlying the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013.
- Demonstrate an understanding of what is meant by “Personal information” and “Data protection principles” and be able to practically apply these principles.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the relevant role-players under the Act, including the powers and duties of the Information Regulator.
- Show an awareness of relevant comparative foreign law and the ability to recognise when foreign law data protection principles are applicable.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to initiate a POPIA compliance programme within your department/organisation.
Who should register?
Financial planners, financial advisors, para-planners, business owners
5.5 CPD points on completion of the course and successful pass of the final assessment.
The course is accredited by the FPI and thus qualifies as a verifiable CPD activity towards the accumulation of CPD hours as required by the FSCA.