Refresher Short-term and Long-term Deposits10.5 CPD
The purpose of this course is to provide you with core knowledge and understanding of the characteristics, terms and features of Short- and Long-Terms Deposits products, including typical fee structures, charges, and other risks associated with investing, purchasing or transacting in these products.
In addition to this, it will provide knowledge of legislation impacting long- and short-term deposit products and the tax implications of these products. Lastly, the course will build your skills to assess the appropriateness of products within the Short- and Long-Terms Deposits Class of Business.
Once you have completed this course you will be able to:
- identify the main role-players and market participants in respect of long- and short-term products.
- identify the inter-relationship within the long- and short-term class of business and other classes of business.
- demonstrate an understanding of financial services legislation, industry codes and codes of conduct applicable to long- and short-term deposit products.
- identify the general financial needs of clients.
- describe the general characteristics, terms and features of long- and short-term deposit products.
- describe the typical fee structures, charges and other costs associated with long- and short-term deposit products.
- describe the general investment and risk principles, options and strategies associated with investing, purchasing or transacting with long- and short-term deposit products.
- describe the impact of applicable economic and environmental factors.
- explain the legislative background and tax implications.
- assess the appropriateness of long- and short-term products for specific client needs.
- know who the role players are in the industry.
Who Should Register
- Key Individual