Fundamentals for Financial Mathematics9.5 CPD
The main purpose of this course is to assist you in refreshing your fundamental maths skills to prepare for further study. The course includes a baseline assessment to enable you to identify development areas in your mathematical skills, and then work specifically on those areas you need to improve. Key topics covered include, fractions, ratio, percentage, rate and proportion, algebra, graphs and basic time value of money calculations.
Once you have completed this course you will be able to:
- understand fractions, equivalent and decimal fractions and be able to perform basic calculations involving fractions.
- understand ratios, equivalent ratios and simplifying ratios and be able to perform basic calculations involving ratios.
- understand the meaning of percent and percentages and be able to perform basic calculations involving percentages.
- understand the meaning of rate and the importance of units, the meaning of unitary rate, direct and inverse proportion.
- understand the universal rules for mathematical operations and mathematical statements representing practical calculations.
- understand the basic algebraic conventions and substitution and solving simple equations.
- know how to plot points on a system of axes, use a formula to determine a set of points in a cartesian plane and interpret the pattern in a set of points.
- know the basic maths involved in simple and compound interest calculations and how to use a financial calculator to perform basic time value of money calculations.
- understand the application of fractions, ratios, percentages, rate and proportion, basic algebra, graphs and time value of money calculations in financial planning.
Who Should Register
- Key Individual