Refresher Pension Funds Benefits5 CPD
The purpose of this course is to provide you with core knowledge and understanding of characteristics, terms and features of products in the Pension Fund Benefits Class of Business, including typical fee structures; charges and other costs; and risks associated with investing, purchasing or transacting in these products.
This course will also provide knowledge of legislation impacting retirement products and the tax implications of these products.
This knowledge is essential when assessing different product/ benefit options and providing suitable advice to clients on retirement products.
Once you have completed this course you will be able to:
- describe the general characteristics, terms and features of retirement products.
- explain how specific aspects of the pension funds act and circulars, the income tax act, and the long-term insurance act impact on retirement products.
- explain the legislative and tax implications applicable to specific sub-categories of retirement products.
- assess the appropriateness of specific retirement products and associated group risk benefit options for specific client needs.
- describe the options and strategies applicable to specific retirement classes of business products to suit the needs of different investors.
- describe the impact of applicable economic and environmental factors, such as economic business cycles, inflation, monetary and fiscal policies, interest rates and exchange rates.
- describe the typical fee structures, charges, and other costs associated with retirement products.
- describe the general risks associated with investing, purchasing or transacting in retirement products.
Who Should Register
- Key Individual