Understanding FICA4.5 CPD
This course is aimed at company employees of accountable institutions, and covers basic money-laundering, terrorist financing concepts, proliferation financing, anti-money-laundering legislation in South Africa, the risk-based approach, and looks at the requirements for customer due diligence, reporting of certain transactions and record-keeping requirements.
Who should register:
People employed by accountable institutions who are involved in the facilitating, processing or overseeing of financial transactions.
Once you have completed this course you will be able to:
- show a comprehensive understanding of money laundering, terrorist financing, and proliferation financing.
- show a comprehensive understanding of the domestic and international legal framework for anti-money laundering, counter-terrorist financing and counter-proliferation financing measures.
- distinguish between the Financial Intelligence Centre ("FIC") and supervisory bodies, as well as accountable institutions and reporting institutions.
- show a comprehensive understanding of the legal obligations of accountable and reporting institutions, including: registration with the FIC, adoption and implementation of a risk management and compliance program ("RMCP"), conducting customer due diligence ("CDD"), recordkeeping and reporting of certain activities and transactions to the FIC.
- show a comprehensive understanding of the consequences of non-compliance with obligations imposed on accountable institutions, reporting institutions and other persons by FICA.
- provide a broad overview of the provisions of FICA.
Who Should Register
- Key Individual
- Compliance Officer