Health Services Benefits :
- Explain how specific aspects of the Medical Schemes Act, National Health Insurance, demarcation regulations under the Long- and Short-term Insurance Acts, and other applicable legislation will impact on health services products.
- Describe the characteristics, terms and features of health services products.
- Describe the typical fee structures, charges and other costs associated with health services product benefit options.
- Describe the risks associated with investing, purchasing or transacting in health services products.
- Assess the appropriateness of specific health services product benefit options for specific client needs.
- Describe the options and strategies applicable to specific products in the health services class of business to suit the needs of different investors.
- Explain the tax implications applicable to products in the health services benefits class of business.
Financial Services Overview :
- Identify the main role-players and market participants in the financial services industry, including their legal structure.
- Demonstrate an understanding of general legislation and codes of conduct applicable to the financial services industry.
- Identify the general (risk and investment) financial needs of clients or groups of clients.